top of page

FIRE: Two OFWs in UAE Die From Suffocation Inside Partition


Two Filipinas were announced dead after getting suffocated in a fire that broke in Sharjah’s Tawoon area on Thursday morning.


According to a Khaleej Times report, the fire has started in the flat’s kitchen. The Sharjah Police hasn’t confirmed how the fire started.


An police officer said more than a dozen of residents were found living in the cramped apartment, which was divided into small partition room.


He said that this practice is illegal in the emirate. He urged residents to follow tenancy regulations and ensure safety.


They were reportedly informed about the incident at around 7:30am. Within five minutes, the team from the Civil Defence was already at the site to put the fire out in 10 minutes.

Comentarios


bottom of page