With the arrival of the first dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine in the UAE, many residents have already been asking about how to get inoculated by it.
Currently, Phase 1 of the vaccine is available at six health centres.
The massive and free vaccine campaign was rolled out on December 23 by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA), in coordination with the Dubai's Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management and the Covid-19 Command and Control Centre.
The vaccine was already approved for use by the US Food and Drug Administration and registered by the Ministry of Health and Prevention in the UAE.
Below are the centres where you can get it:
1. Zabeel Primary Health Care Centre
2. Al Mizhar Primary Health Care Centre
3. Nad Al Hamr Primary Health Care Centre
4. Barsha Primary Health Care Centre
5. Uptown Mirdif Medical Fitness Centre
6. Hatta Hospital
Appointments can be made either via the DHA app or by calling DHA's toll-free number 800 342.
The first phase of the vaccine covers the following categories and sectors:
1. Emiratis and Dubai residents aged 60 and above
2. People with chronic diseases 18 and above
3. People of determination
4. Frontline workers