Multiple fire incidents have happened recently this month in the UAE that resulted in huge damage.
An entire market in Ajman that housed more than 100 shops was burnt while the same fire incidents reported in Abu Dhabi, Dubai Duty Free warehouse, twin towers in Sharjah, and many more.
The local authorities in the region haven't revealed the real reasons behind the recent fires in three different emirates.
"Nothing is more important than the safety of your family. It is important that every member of the family feels safe when at home," an official from the Abu Dhabi Civil Defence told Khaleej Times.
Below are the precautionary measures that need to be taken to avoid fire incidents as advised by the official:
1. Do periodic maintenance of electrical connections and appliances.
2. Check for faulty connections and overloading.
3. Ensure proper working of the air conditioners and water heaters.
4. Never neglect exhaust fans in the bathrooms and kitchens.
5. Do regular checking of the condition of cooking gas cylinders.
6. Carefully turn off the knob of the gas cylinder after use.
7. Don't leave flammable items in the storeroom and liquid products in poorly ventilated areas for long periods.